Thursday, May 10, 2007

Prayer

My last post was rather negative toward Baptists and public schools. Let me say that it is not the majority of Baptists who believe that way, but many in leadership do feel that way. That's what scares me. What also scares me is that most people in the pew do not know that is going on. Just on my own experience within churches, I would guess that 5-10% of the congregation is made up of public school leaders: whether they be teachers, coaches, janitors, principles, or administrators of some kind. I commend you and your willingness to be a Christian in the public schools.

I also did not want to leave for Africa on a negative post. I am asking for your prayers for the 100 people from Waco who are going over there. We will be visiting different orphanages and visiting those who are suffering from AIDS. Pray for us that God may open our hearts to the oppressed, and that we may join God at His work among them. I leave you now with a prayer by an unknown source that is dear to my heart:

"Almighty and everliving God, in your tender love for the human race you sent your Son our Savior Jesus Christ to take upon him our nature, and to suffer death upon the cross, giving us the example of his great humility: Mercifully grant that we may walk in the way of his suffering, and also share in his resurrection; who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen."

No comments: